Jumat, 06 Maret 2009

Papers: Wenger's Ron swipe


'Arrogant' Ronaldo is just asking for troubleArsene Wenger sparked a war with Manchester United by saying Cristiano Ronaldo gets a kicking because of his ‘arrogance’. The Arsenal manager also claimed United’s stars receive preferential treatment from referees. Wenger spoke out after Ronaldo was involved in a furious tunnel bust-up with Newcastle’s Steven Taylor on Wednesday. He said: “Every bad tackle that is unpunished is not right but with Manchester United I am a bit cautious because sometimes I feel they get too much protection. “Ronaldo is a specific example of that. Sometimes his arrogance is provocative — and his class as well.” Wenger reckons even if United win everything this season, it will not beat Arsenal’s 2004 Invincibles. He said: “To win five trophies would be something very special, but I don’t think it is a bigger achievement than going through a whole season unbeaten. “It is not impossible for them to win five trophies but I don’t think they will because the schedule at the end of the season is so tight.” Mark Irwin, The SunThe Mirror has an interview with Ronaldo in which the winger insists most of his opponents do not set out to harm him. "On the pitch I’m a target for defenders," he says. "But I don’t believe people just want to do something wrong on purpose."The same paper carries quotes from Wayne Rooney on what is an important seven days in United's trophy quest. "We’ve got the FA Cup on Saturday, Champions League Wednesday and Liverpool Saturday, so it’s a massive week for us," declares the striker.Edwin van der Sar reveals in The Sun that he would have quit football by now had he stayed with former club Fulham. The Dutch keeper says: “Alex Ferguson bought me and I have to admit, if I had not been at Manchester United, I’d have stopped playing by now.”
Round up by James Tuck

1 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

weiiiis ronaldo mAH DEWA bola pisaaaaan